Category: Exhibition Stands
Stands are among the most important elements for exhibitors during promotional events. As such, they are a crucial part of every trade show budget, as some studies have shown that exhibit design and exhibit space can amount to 40 per cent of your total budget for a specific event. In view of this, it seems appropriate to evaluate which is the most cost-effective way of managing your exhibition budget, and particularly whether it is better to rent or buy a display stand. Below we have summarised the pros and cons of hiring exhibition stands.
The advantages of hiring a stand range from the financial to the functional and include:
- Hiring a stand is a time-saving solution, as it means spending less time on the planning of the design and build stage.
- Exhibitors have an important degree of flexibility, as stands can be easily reconfigured to suit different venues, budgets, or event objectives. This allows exhibitors to always have a highly effective and visually appealing stand that maximises their impact on visitors every time.
- Good exhibition services providers offer stand rental as a turnkey service where every little detail is professionally taken care of, from beginning to end.
- Stand rental can be costly if you are planning to attend more than 3 or 4 events every year. In such cases, buying a stand may be more cost-effective.
- Less control over who provides services like graphics, audiovisual equipment, and furniture, since some stand rental companies sub-contract these services out.
- Storage charges apply if you want to hire a stand more than once.
To sum up, neither hiring nor buying are the best options per se, since every event is different and every company has different goals to accomplish during an exhibition. Your decision should be guided by a cost-effectiveness assessment that evaluates renting or buying a stand versus potential lead generation and the projected returns on investment that may derive from the event.
Posted 26th February, 2016< Back to articles
exhibition stand hire exhibition hire display stand hire exhibition equipment hire display stand hire hiring exhibition stand guide